Click here to read our Privacy Statement and overview.
Effective Date: December 15, 2013
Information Collection and Use
- In order to facilitate searches and manage our business we collect personal information about you. We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily register with us, when you use the Website and/or our products or services and your browser interacts with us, when you visit the Website pages or the pages of certain of our partners, and when you enter third party personal information to conduct certain searches. We may combine information that we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, such as data providers and billing companies.
- The personal information we collect about you through theses various sources may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, IP address, address, and search log. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- By submitting your email address on our checkout page you agree that you're opting into our no-cost newsletter and email alerts service. You understand that you will receive messages that are commercial in nature. An opt-out "unsubscribe" link will be provided for your convenience in each message.
- We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, such as billing partners, including information about your use of search products and information we offer.
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, our cookie information, search activity, and the pages you request.
- We use the information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, publish search data, and provide reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us. These companies may use your personal information to help communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Examples of these are third party payment processors who expedite payments on our Website and marketing partners, such as our identity theft protection partner.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- We do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- We may set and access our cookies on your computer. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the site and log in to your account. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to track usage of our site to improve your experience, and to remember your preferences. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. Learn more about cookies here. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
- Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personally identifiable information.
- We use local storage objects (LSOs) to store content information and preferences. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use LSOs to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
User Access and Choice
- If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend or delete it by clicking "My Account" and then "Make Changes", or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
- To exclude yourself from commercial emails and alerts sent by us, simply click the "Unsubscribe" link provided in any commercial email message.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and customer receipts without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We make opting-out of our database fast, easy, and free. We believe that consumers should have the right to opt-out of any database that stores their personal information. While other companies might make the opt-out process unnecessarily difficult, we keep it simple. Just visit the Opt-Out Request page and submit the requested information. Please allow 1 to 7 business days for processing your request.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy Questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 1-888-813-0008 or writing to us at EmailFinder.com, Attn: Privacy Department, P.O. Box 391146, Omaha, NE 68139. EmailFinder.com maintains offices at 555 Twin Dolphin Drive #200, Redwood City, CA 94065.
To Unsubscribe from Email Communications
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters and marketing message emails from EmailFinder.com, please provide us with the email address you would like to unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-888-813-0008. Please note that you may still receive account and billing notices from us, if applicable.