Effective Date: February 1, 2015
Inflection.com, Inc. has received TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this privacy statement and our practices have been reviewed for compliance with the TRUSTe program viewable on the validation page available by clicking the TRUSTe seal. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this website: www.emailfinder.com, and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the site.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
- With Your Consent
- Within the Inflection Family of Products
- To Provide Certain Services
- Public, Anonymous and Aggregated Data
- Business Transfers
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention
- Legal Compliance and Harm Prevention
- California Do Not Track Disclosure
- California Information-Sharing Disclosure
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We collect some information that is personal (i.e. information that identifies you, either alone or in combination with other data.) We also collect information that is non-personal and does not, on its own, identify you. When non-personal information is combined with other information so that it does identify you, we treat that combination as personal information.
When you register for an account to use EmailFinder.com, we may collect the following information:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and password
- Your birthdate
- Content that you create (also known as user-generated content)
Registration is optional. However, if you choose not to register, certain features may not be available to you. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
While registration is free, if you choose to purchase certain additional services and products, we may collect the following personal information:
- Credit card or other billing account information
- Billing address
- Transaction-related information
- Fraud prevention information (see Fraud and Abuse Prevention)
In order to provide certain services, we may collect additional information from you.
- When you search for a person using our website, we collect and store a log of your searches, which can include the name, email address, phone number, or address that you searched for.
- If you wish to enhance your search results using information from third-party services such as Facebook or LinkedIn, we may ask you to give us authorization to access information about you stored in those third-party services.
- To use our identity protection products, we may ask for the following personal information:
- Your legal name
- Your current residence
- Your Social Security Number
- Knowledge-based authentication questions that only you would know
When you give us authorization to access an account you have on a third-party service such as Facebook or LinkedIn, we use a protocol called OAuth to access your information. We will never ask you to give us your password for a third-party service.
We use several methods to collect technical and analytics data, including the following:
- Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Inflection.com, Inc. and our affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
- We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 and Flash to collect and store information.
- To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
We use the information you give us to:
- Operate and improve our website, products, and services
- Understand you and your preferences, which helps us to enhance your experience on our website
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- Provide and deliver the products and services that you request
- Conduct research to improve the quality of our products and services
- Send you information related to your account, including confirmations, invoices, security alerts, updates, confirmations, and support and administrative messages
- Protect our users against fraud and abuse
- Communicate with you about new products and services offered by Inflection and our selected partners
- Your information is stored on servers in physically secure locations
- We implement technical measures to prevent unauthorized access, and keep security patches and software up-to-date
- Employee access to your information is restricted and audited
- Sensitive personal information is stored in encrypted form
- All personal information is encrypted during transfer (for example, when providing credit card information)
For processing payments, we use systems that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All payment information is safely stored according to PCI DSS requirements.
When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We do not share, rent, or sell your information except in the limited circumstances described below:
We will share your information when you give us permission; for example, when you use a third-party web client to access your account, or when you give us permission to make information public.
We may share or disclose information that is non-private, anonymously aggregated, or otherwise non-personal.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We partner with certain third party vendors to prevent fraud and abuse. When you make a purchase, we analyze your payment information and unique device identifiers (including, but not limited to, IP address, geographical location, browser and operating system settings, and device ID) to identify suspected fraudulent activity and block it.
When we detect suspected fraud or abuse, we may share information associated with that particular transaction or event (including, but not limited to, payment information, email addresses, and unique device identifiers) with our security partners or law enforcement for further investigation.
We may preserve or share your information in the following circumstances:
- When required by law, regulation, or legal request such as a warrant or subpoena
- When we believe it is reasonably necessary in urgent situations to protect the well-being or safety of any individual
- To address fraud, security, or technical issues
- To protect Inflection’s rights or property
If you are a law enforcement officer seeking information from Inflection about one of our users, please reference our Law Enforcement Guidelines for further information.
You may use your account to access, correct, or change and delete any personal information you have provided to us or that is associated with your account. You may also email our Privacy Team at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may send you information about our products, notify you of any changes to your account, or send confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and marketing emails.
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters and marketing emails from EmailFinder.com, please provide us with the email address you would like to unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-691-8430. Please note that you may still receive account and billing notices from us, if applicable.
When you browse our website, we may use trusted third-party tools to analyze website usage, monitor performance, and prevent fraud. All analytics and performance data collected by third-party tools is anonymous. We may use these tools regardless of whether or not you enable the Do Not Track setting in your browser.
Fraud prevention tools may collect personally identifiable information regardless of whether or not you enable the Do Not Track setting in your browser; however, this data is used specifically for fraud and abuse prevention and will never be used for marketing purposes.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own use without your permission.
EmailFinder.com complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) where it applies to our information collection practices. This website is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not actively or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13 without proper consent, we will promptly remove that information from our systems.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com, calling 1-800-691-8430, or writing to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Department
P.O. Box 391146
Omaha, NE 68139
EmailFinder.com maintains offices at 555 Twin Dolphin Drive #200, Redwood City, CA 94065.